Wednesday, April 18, 2012

A Morning drive...

OK, so I wake up this morning to my beautiful wife and then shortly after the house is filled with the amazing smell of bacon, yes, bacon! I then enjoy an old episode of rifleman.... this is going to be a good day...
The weather is beautiful, the perfect opportunity to ride my motorcycle to work! Fresh air and gas savings! Yeah... this is going to be a good dat...I have to get my helmet from the garage so I decide to give a cheerful good morning to my bird..... this is where things started to turn.... He let out an awful scream and bit me so hard my finger turned purple... it can still be a good day...
I kissed my babe goodbye and headed out the door.....
At this point, with my helmet on... I began to smell that oh so wonderful smell of a nasal infection... reallY?!?! On such a beautiful day??
As I drove on... I noticed my gas light flashing.. of course it is at least 6 miles to the nearest station... God please let me make it...
Things were looking up when as I topped the hilll, there it was... the school bus of SATAN! Really? Is there a kid at every house? Can they not all walk to one stop like city kids? Do you have to make a separate stop at evert house and wait for the little lazy slw moving boogers to get off their butt and walk to the bus?
After 10 minutes to go one mile... all the while watching the fuel light blink... I finally got to a gas station......made it... this can still be a good day...
Then it happened again... time to get back on the road and a bus in EVERY direction!!! Seriously people!!!!'
I finally espcaped the bus patrol after another painful mile and at least another 5 minutes...
This was sooooo annoying.... Then, just when I was about to give up hope of a good day.... I saw them!
A whole family of turkeys standing on the side of the road as if they were waiting for me all morning! One looked like my old buddy from the farm anf he had a couple of beautiful ladies with him! One was a solid white turkey!! BEAUTIFUL! So I book ended my morning with beauty.
I have decided... it will be a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment