Thursday, November 29, 2012

Waste

I am far from perfect. I am not a writer...as you can see.. But.... Our society is full of waste, stupidity, and laziness It is all around us. Cars that cost $50,000 that should be $20,000 (and will probably be re-selling for $5000 within a couple of years....), clothes that are $100 or more per piece, homes that cost twice what they are worth........... This list can go on and on. Why does it continue to get worse in the U.S.? Why does the sentiment of entitlement get stronger every year?

To me, the answer is simple. The answer is captured so well in the movie Idiocracy. If you have not seen it, I suggest you do. It is silly, but it is sadly true. This society is dumbing down every day. Television is simply horrible. One cannot even watch the History Channel or Discovery without being bombarded by fake "reality" programs. Our children are learning all they need to know from Spongebob......

People do not care to self educate. They long for the days of the "Matrix" where intelligence will simply be downloaded. They refuse to take ownership for their choices. They refuse to work for what they want. I am tired of hearing... " if they can have it, I deserve it too!" some are born with wealth, others work hard to attain it. We all have the opportunity, save the truly disabled. I have seen people with major challenges overcome and become successful.

I worry about this country's future. The worry has NOTHING to do with politics and everything to do with medias control over the minds of the masses. I love good movies and tv but I am about to say enough. Even commercials are dumbing down more every day. If you do not get offended regularly by the portrayal of mankind in commercials, you might need to evaluate your own intelligence.

I would love a mass media outlet that did not pander to the lazy, mindless subculture that is taking over this country....

Anyway...I won't fix anything here today. Just find it better to get it out, rather than build up the frustration.

Good luck USA.... No... Good luck world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment