Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Entitlement

What is it that makes so many people in our society believe they are entitled to anything? It is as if they believe they should have the same things as others regardless of their own attempt to earn these same things. I come from a family that worked hard to earn every thing they have. No government handout. No benefits on the backs of others. Unemployed meant you found odd jobs to pay the bills, not that you went and stood in line for benefits. We learned to live WITHIN our means and to work and save if we wanted something else. It is not the place of the government to supply us with anything but basic law, defense and infrastructure. Government should not be providing or dictating our daily life. That should be up to the individual. Your rights stop where mine start. Your entitlements should not come in the form of a tax on my hard earned paycheck. The wonderful Mr. Obama already cost me health coverage which I had worked hard to get as my employer is dropping it to allow me to take advantage of the wonderful new options that will be available... aka more money out of my pocket....so more unmotivated people can "get theirs". I honestly could care less who the president is. I care how deep they try to interfere in my life and paycheck in the form of "social benefits". Lazy people of the world, get a damn job. Study in school like I did. I never expected anything from teachers, I studied and sought out information on my own. I started working at 16 officially and worked for years before that on a cash basis. Get good grades. Learn a trade. Work YOURSELF through college like I did. If it is too late for that, it is your own fault, live with it. Stop stealing my paycheck to provide for those I went to school with that made fun of those of us who studied, ridiculed my choice to work at 16 rather than play sports or spend weekends drinking myself stupid and those people that never worked hard but wanted to be hired into a position because they deserved it. Anyway, this will never change. It will get worse. Society sucks. When will they be selling tickets to go live on the moon??

No comments:

Post a Comment